Thursday, April 22, 2010

12- Poppies



Poppies are one of my favorite flowers. This is saying A LOT because I love flowers. When drawn perfectly, they almost inspire me to get a tattoo (but that would never actually happen as I am far too frightened of needles). I own a pasta pot and a large frying pan that are covered with a beautiful poppy print. When I cook dinner with them I feel the need to wear high heels and pearls and an apron just because it makes the world so perfectly wonderful and adorable. My current journal is by the illustrator Jill Bliss. Obvi there are poppies on the cover and many of the inside pages as well. I highly reccomend her journals and everything else she makes. Her style is unique and colorful and floral- whats not to like?!




http://www.jillbliss.com/

My good friend Jon is from California. The poppy is California's State Flower. According to this recent video, California is at this very moment a Wizard of Oz Wonder Land. Watch it- you willfeel magnetically compelled to hop into the car and speed off Westward.

No comments:

Post a Comment